To enable students to reach high academic standards, the school has put in place a dress code designed to reduce distractions and competitions. Implementing a simple, flexible, cost effective dress code promotes student learning and increased academic instruction time. Interpretation of the Dress Code is at the principal and staff’s discretion, and their decision is final.
2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
Click here to view the 2017-18 Uniform Information Packet
The personal grooming of students should be in accord with the standards set by the uniform dress code. Students should be clean and neat when at school.
- Students must wear plain bright green or white short-or long-sleeve polo shirts. A bright green polo purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday –Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.
- Students must wear plain navy blue pants, Capri pants, uniform style shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers. Pants may not have legs that zipper off or rivets, pockets on the sides, or loops of any kind. Jean and sweat pant materials are not permitted.
- A solid black, brown, or navy blue belt must be worn with bottoms that have belt loops.
- Casual dress shoes or athletic shoes may be worn. Sandals and flip flops are not permitted.
- Solid white or navy blue socks (or tights for girls) must be worn.
- Cold weather attire may include solid-colored sweaters or vests that are navy, white, or black. Sweatshirts, fleece jacket, hoodies, polartec jackets, and ponchos may be worn as outerwear only.
- Hats of any kind may not be worn inside the building, unless there is a special occasion approved by the Principal.
- Extreme hairstyles are not permitted (i.e., Mohawks, designs cut into hair, etc.). Hair color must be of natural tones and may not be colored, dyed, or streaked.
- Makeup is not permitted.
- Wearing, carrying, and displaying gang paraphernalia, names, signs, or symbols of gang membership are not permitted.
- Clothing with holes, cuts, or tears is not permitted
- Bare midriffs are not permitted.
- Sagging, low riser, or skinny pants, skirts and leggings that come to the mid-calf in length are not permitted.
- Sleeveless shirts, tank tops or muscle shirts are not permitted.
- Tattoos are not permitted.
- All students’ shirts must stay tucked in at all times during the school day.
Examples of appropriate uniform clothing are French Toast and Lands’ End uniform clothing. Lands’ End and French Toast have logo shirts. Dockers are acceptable uniform style pants.
- Hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Earrings and body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- All bottoms must be either longer than the fingers when the student’s arms hang at her side or no more than three inches above the knees.
- A reasonable number of earrings smaller than a quarter are permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
- Skirts, skorts, jumpers and Capri pants must be navy blue and longer than the fingertips when the student’s arms hang at her sides or no more than three inches above the knees.
- White or navy blue full-length leggings are permitted during cold weather months in lieu of tights.
- Makeup is not permitted.
Middle School Grades 6-8
- Students must wear plain navy blue pants, capri pants, uniform shorts, skirts, skorts, or jumpers. Students must wear plain bright green or white short-or long-sleeve polo shirts. Middle school students have the option of wearing a long-or short-sleeve white dress shirt with a custom navy/bright green tie. A bright green polo and custom tie purchased only through Image Builders is encouraged. Please contact the Image Builders toll-free customer service hotline at (855) 654-6243. A customer service representative will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday –Eastern Standard Time or go to the school website for more information.